Anyone can contribute photos from our walks. The photos then end up on our flickr pages at www.flickr.com
Here's what to do:
- In the subject line of your email, please use the name of the walk as it appears on the programme - for example: Long Ashton - 8 May 2013
- If you know how, please try to give each photo a brief descriptive filename such as 'Crossing the River Yeo'. This will then appear above the photos on the flickr site.
- You can send as many pictures at one time as you like - whatever is convenient for you. If you know how to combine them in a single zip file, you may find that simplest. Otherwise, any size will do as long as your internet connection can manage it.
- If you use Dropbox (a popular way of sending files that are too big to email) then you can put your zipfile of pictures in Dropbox and then email a link.
- If you can avoid using photo software which strips out the info about Date Taken, that would be great as it means everybody's pictures sort themselves neatly into chronological order.
MANY THANKS for doing this.
I then upload all the pictures and put them together in a set named (for example) Long Ashton - 8 May 2013. I also give them 'tags' such as 'bristolramblers', 'walking',' mountains', 'wessex', 'lucca', 'snow', which will make them easier to find when we, or the general public, search on the internet. If you change your mind about having any of your photos on display, or if you later find others worth adding, please email me.